Saturday, December 1, 2012

Learning...

Beautiful Lemon Sunflower

God's been good.  I have been learning some great life lessons and enjoying the journey.  (I just want to always be looking for the Sun(Son)! lol.

First new idea is that if I can't help the person directly then I shouldn't be talking about them.  The Bible has lots to say about 'slander'.  I couldn't believe how many scripture verses  I found!

Second new idea is that I should talk about Jesus until Holy Spirit tells me to be quiet.  Completely different perspective from most Christians especially at work.   I prayed for healing out loud  for someone at work that was a Christian and I could see that they were uncomfortable with it.

Another time I was sharing with someone higher up in the chain of command about how God told me to be careful in a situation and he remarked, "So you're a Christian?"  "YOU BET,"  I responded. Sad thing is he doesn't know that over half the people I work with are Christians,  they just don't talk about it.   Fear in it's various forms has caused them to take the easy way.... and the devil wins another round and we shame the one who suffered so much for us.

I don't know about you but I reckon myself dead to the flesh.... and any fear I discover I have,  I am working to eliminate.   I have overcome a few things and have a ways to go, but I'm going in the right direction!  I have found that it's easier to overcome  when I stay strong in  my Bible promises.

Third new idea  is that I am busy, so I have to make time to stay strong in the word.  I usually have about 40 minutes before I leave for work in the morning, so while I'm letting the dogs out and getting ready,  I've been turning on Dan Mohler on youtube and getting some good anointed word in me.   Good stuff.

Fourth  new idea is that business doesn't have to take you away from God's plan for your life.  It can force the decision making process, so that you pare away the things that don't really matter.  The choice is really up to you.

Holy Spirit has been helping me through some really busy weeks and my family and I aren't suffering and neither is my walk with the Lord.  Hallelujah!  Holy Spirit has been helping me to keep my priorities straight and I am so grateful!  I do not want to miss this end time move of God.  I want to be in it somehow, someway.

On that note, I am going to go sing the Lord a few songs and see what else he has to say before bed.
I Bless you  abundantly; physically, mentally, spiritually, financially, and relationally, in Jesus' name!

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson



No comments: