Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Breaking Strongholds in Marriages



This is from a precious friend who asked me to post it so that you would be encouraged.  He is so excited about the breakthroughs he is seeing in his marriage and his friend's marriages.  Be  encouraged!  God is on your side!

"Today I spent the whole morning breaking down strong holds in a married couple's house. When we thought that we where through Holy Spirit stayed and brought forth more and more revelation. After calling out peoples names living and dead we made a great step forward in discernment  by breaking off curses one at a time. 

Again, just as I said, we thought we were through, but HOLY SPIRIT wasn't. We felt to call out each of the married couples to forgive each other. After they both forgave each other we could feel something lifting off. 

I did this months ago with my wife and I also could feel something breaking off of me. Now here is the discernment that I was given at that time; when we get married we stand before the LORD and give a pledge to each other.  At this time our love is so great between us. 

As life goes on we start to drift. We don't keep our love guard up and become less loving and all that goes with it.  Oh how the devil is so glad. We don't even know what is going on behind the scenes. After some time in our marriages we start thinking about our partner in negative ways. Now look closely, we are just thinking. So where do you think these negative thoughts come from? 

It build and builds until there is great disagreement, bitterness and no forgiveness. Our marriage is now in great danger. Oh how the devil is so slippery. We think that we can do it on our own and that is such  a lie!

So what do they do now?  They split up and blame it always on the other partner because they cannot see through their own bitterness. 

This would not have happened, if right from the start we received the proper education. It is about 'being tried' people, just like Adam and Eve. We are all in this trial forever and without proper education we will stay in this prison forever. 

We have to fight back and take back what satan stole from us and the LORD says it is love. You see satan can't love and he doesn't want you to either. On the other hand, OUR FATHER is full of love, he heals with love and believe me his love is a total healing dictionary. A first aid kit that never runs out. The only time it runs out is when we run out of him. 

Lets go back to our love problem. We have to forgive each other and go back to the alter where our vows were and take a stand against satan. My advice is to kiss your spouse regularly. Tell them you love them. Hold their hand and watch the world look at you. Speak well of them all the time.  Focus on their good points, not the things that irritate you. 

The people around will all wonder and wish they had this. Choose to Stand on top of the world with your confession and faith in Jesus and Holy Spirit's comfort and counsel... instead of sinking into it to join the fallen."    (L.Jones)

Isn't that exciting?  I love to hear about people getting breakthroughs.  I don't want the devil to win in anybodies life!

Repeat this after me: I am a light set on a hill!  I am salt that is meant to preserve and flavor everything! I am a blessing everywhere I go!  I am 'love' walking and talking because his love is shed abroad in my heart as I ask him for it! I am his beloved and I can love those God puts in my path; especially my family, church family and coworkers!

Bless you!
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: