Thursday, May 16, 2013

Constant Fellowship

I wrote this for the Facebook group "Come to the Table" May 15, 2013
Enjoy!

Constant Fellowship

For this is what the high and exalted One says-- he who lives forever, whose name is holy: "I live in a high and holy place, but also with the one who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite. (Is. 57:15)


I love this verse because of what it means for us. God is promising to live with us, to be in constant fellowship with us as we are real and humble before him, in all situations we face in life. He's promising to revive the humble and repentant ones. I think we can all qualify for His kind of Revival!

As I am in this fellowship with Him, I love how Holy Spirit is always encouraging, always hopeful, always full of laughter and how he helps me to see the funny side of things. He's always telling me, "It's not as bad as you think!" You see, I'm naturally a serious person, and before I got to know the Lord I was Way too uptight!" Holy Spirit is so good at helping me see the humor in life. Thank God for all his comforts!

Personal journaling:
How has the Lord revived you when you were low?
Have you seen His encouragement when you didn't think you would ever make it?
Has he whispered your name lately?

Let's pray out loud... "Lord we come to you and ask for your encouragement today. Tell us things we don't know yet and show us the way to go. Make our lives count for Your Kingdom, in Jesus' name we ask. Amen!"

Further Reading:  
Scripture: Psalm 51:17, Isa. 66:2, Micah 6:8 and
Rom. 15:5-6, "May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."



Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: