Friday, January 16, 2009

How Evangelism Started With Me

This is about how the passion for evangelism was birthed in me....

I have always been involved in prayer groups, meetings, etc. and of course we always pray that people would come to know the Lord.

Well, one day the Lord told me to do something about it.

"Me?", I questioned.

"Yes.", He responded firmly.

He then directed me to Matthew 10, where it says "freely you have received, freely give."

Okay....I thought. "What can I give?"

The Lord immediately replied, "Give them my love."

This simple statement led me to question how I could, since I was far from perfect, and I had no training. The Lord reminded me of Luke 9 where He sent out the twelve disciples in ministry, and how they were not perfect in anyone's estimation. Then, in Luke 10, He sent out the 72 followers to do good works, and they were not perfect, either.

I therefore, concluded that being "perfect" or "trained" was not mandatory. So, I signed up to be a worker for Him!

After all, Jesus said, in Luke 10:2, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Go!...".

When Jesus said "Go!", He was talking to his imperfect disciples. I realized that the Lord does not want me praying, if I am not willing to go myself.

Thus began a great adventure learning how to be His hands and feet and mouth in this world.  I hope you are encouraged by my little articles to step out of your comfort zone and touch your world for the Lord.

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: