Friday, January 16, 2009

Missed It Today

It's -22 degrees C outside.

I stayed home today and got a lot of chores done.

I listened to Joseph Prince, as I was baking for the family. I then had to pick up my daughter from work, and on the way, I thought "What tracts do I have handy?"

I located two tracks in the dash of the car, that have proven themselves to be very effective in the past, so I thought that was great! It was the perfect tool of evangelism to give out to someone who is searching, and knows not, what they are searching for in life.

When I was picking up my daughter, I forgot to get out of my car, in the parking lot. Normally, I ask the Lord, "Who's ready for a tract?" then I go talk to them, or put a tract under their windshield if they are not there.

We went and got gas on the way home, and I struck up a conversation with the gas attendant about money and post-secondary school options.

You know, I completely forgot to ask him, if he had thought about Heaven and where he would want to go when he died. I had the perfect opportunity to share with him... I just didn't think about it.

This is a reminder to me, that we have to do witnessing on purpose. The enemy does not want us to share anything about the Gospel, with anybody... plain and simple.

I want to be better prepared when I leave the house next time. I think a reminder placed by my keys, or by the front door, that says "Give out a tract!", would aid me. Maybe leaving a couple of tracts out on the passenger seat of my car, would help me not to forget them as I go about my errands.

I will definitely put "giving out tracts" on my daily prayer list, so that I don't miss future opportunities.

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: