Monday, January 19, 2009

Tough Times

When Times are tough that's the time to run to God. I've learned the hard way. It took me many tough times to learn to make the effort to run to God, when the devil and all your circumstances are saying God's let you down. I exhort you to make every opportunity to get into the presence of God, at church and at home, through the word and praise and worship, because God is not mad at you.

Seriously, God will never be angry with anyone ever again. All his anger was poured out on Jesus at the Cross of Calvary. He sees you through the blood of His son Jesus. You never did anything to earn His love and you can't mess up enough to stop him from loving you. You see, He is love. Love that never quits, that never stops hoping, that always sees the best in you and me. (1Cor.13:4-8)

You can mess up twenty times a day and He'll say, "Okay, here's the plan for the 21st try." His love conquers through us and somehow, as we choose to stay tight with Him, we give off the most beautiful fragrance. A beautiful flower gives off the most delectable perfume when it is crushed. (ref. 2Cor 2:14)

Let me say it again. He's your best and fastest way out of the mess you are in. Wallowing in self pity only prolongs the mess, because you are focused on yourself and not God.

So let's quit blaming God because it didn't turn out the way WE wanted. Ouch, I know that hurts - but it's the truth isn't it?

Turn to him and He'll guide you step by step through the valley to the other side.
Easier said than done right? I know all about it.

Some of the questions I asked were, "Why did you allow this to happen Lord? Why didn't you stop it? Don't you love me?"

These are all questions that we ask when the bottom falls out in our lives, and they are very real, hard questions. God doesn't mind hard questions, as long as we are willing to hear His answers, so I've learned to be listen for His answers.

I love something that Graham Cooke said, "God allows in his wisdom what He could easily prevent by His power." That saying has helped me to regain a better attitude.

Some better questions to ask are,"Lord, how do you want to reveal yourself to me in this circumstance? Lord, what do you want to teach me through this? Lord, what are you trying to impart to me so that I'll grow in my trust and confidence in You?"

I know from experience that He'll guide you step by step through the valley to the other side.
It's helpful to think of it as a course correction in your life, so that you can be more of the person God has dreamed you to be.

Remember... change is not always bad, it can lead to some great opportunities. You don't know what dream God had for you, that will make you so fulfilled as a person, that He's working on right now.

You can trust His heart. He's working through your circumstances. Again, I've got to say, you can trust His heart. He loves you so much that He gave up his 'darling' for you... yes for you. The darling of Heaven crucified for you. He gave his greatest treasure up for you.

Now go! Run into His arms, where you belong. He's been waiting for you, looking down the road, hoping you would come back, just like the prodigal son's father. Go, and be blessed in His love.

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: