Saturday, April 18, 2009

Big Dreams Need Help


I do not know how to make my dream come true. It is so huge that only God can orchestrate it.

I felt the Lord tell me to get involved helping people make their dreams come true. Then I could use "my help" as seed for my dream harvest. I didn't have any teaching on this, just a nudge from Holy Spirit that He would be pleased if I did it.

We know from scripture that seed time and harvest, day and night, summer and winter, cold and heat will not pass away while the earth remains.(Genesis 8:22) I have used this Law of the Spirit to sow for a harvest of self control, friends, finances, jobs etc. I had not heard of anyone doing it for dreams but Holy Spirit thought it was okay, so why not? I had nothing to lose.

Over the years I have had the greatest time helping people make their dreams a reality. Sometimes it's only encouragement they need, or an alternate idea to get them going again in the right direction. On other occasions I have been able to facilitate their dream come to pass and watch it happen.

I know it has changed me into a more Christ like person. I have been partnering with the Biggest dream maker of them them all -- God, and it has stretched me to dream bigger and higher. Also, I am not a dream stealer anymore. I know that All things are possible with God. (Matthew 19:26)

Right now I am giving free piano lessons to a lady who always dreamed of being able to play the piano. Another friend got a dream job but has no way to get there the first week so I am going to drive her.

Then there was the lady from work who always dreamed of learning how to crochet so I taught her how to crochet. She has now completed three large blankets in various patterns.

Another lady always dreamed of having an appaloosa horse so I tried to give her one of mine; a beautiful black and white spotted filly. She didn't understand the "Seed being worth more than money" principle so I was able to explain it to her. She ended up giving me a nominal amount for the filly, just to keep her husband happy.

I don't think we can go wrong helping people pursue their dreams. The bible says, "Where there is no vision, the people perish,..." (Prov.29:18) A dream gives us focus, purpose and a destiny that we would otherwise not have. I remember once just thinking about God and how He has lost so much and yet His dreams are coming to pass in the world. He never quits. You know what He told me that day? He whispered to me that His love and plans go on forever. What a concept! It doesn't matter how many times we 'mess' up, He always has a back up plan.

There is hope for the dream He has given you. It might take some time to rediscover your dream but it is possible. Ask God to help you. He's really good at that. "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this:..." (Psalm 37:4-5).

For more encouragement and direction in pursuing your dream I suggest you read the book, "Chicken Soup for the Soul, Living Your Dream". It has many uplifting stories of how people have pursued and achieved their dreams.

Bless you in Jesus' Name as you pursue God's dream for your life.

1 comment:

Brenda Gale Thompson said...

Praying is the first way we get involved with God in helping people discover their God given gifts and destiny.