Monday, April 13, 2009

A Dream Given to God Doesn't Die


Sometimes you have a dream so big you don't know how it's ever going to happen.

I know that God can make dreams come true because He's done it for me before. You see, when I was in Engineering I had my western saddle situated in my bedroom and whenever I would get tired of studying I would look at that saddle and what it represented, and I kept going, because I knew I needed a good job to pay for my dream.

Well life didn't work out like I thought and when I moved out East years later with my 18 month old daughter, I didn't have room in the trunk for a saddle, never mind the expense of boarding a horse. The Lord told me to move out here; I had no connections, no job and one friend that said I could stay with her a couple of weeks till I found my bearings. I had five weeks left of Unemployment Insurance to live on till I either found a job or went on social assistance.

Time moved on and three years later I was living in the country and married to a great guy -- two major miracles. Then, two years later, I had the opportunity to rent some property behind our place and get a horse for my daughter!

If you had told me that moving out East was reasonable, I could tell you about all the people who thought I had lost my marbles. Guess what? God always has the last word.

So if you ask me, "Does it pay to obey God?" I would say, "Yes!" Even if it doesn't make sense... obey God. If you are wrong, He is able to correct you. If you don't obey, you will never know what you might have missed.

Give your dreams to the Lord. Trust Him in this and He will bring them to pass (in His perfect timing)(Psalm 37:4-5)
P.S. The picture is of my daughter and horse in our first horse show.

No comments: