Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My New Scarf


I stand amazed at God's goodness today. I just got back from a girlfriend's place and she gave me a new, big scarf. I like the really big, square scarves that keep your shoulders and neck warm. (The pic has my Boston Terrier, Brandy on my new scarf.)

This scarf came all the way from Italy and it still had the tags on it. It was even in fall colors that suit me so well and to top it off, it has western saddles on it. What are the chances?

My girlfriend wouldn't say how much she paid for it but she got it at the Opportunity shop in town, so I know its wasn't more than a dollar or two.

Isn't God Good? He knew how much I loved these big scarves, so He had someone buy one in Italy, probably on holiday and He made sure it matched my hair color and my hobbies! Then He had the recipient of the gift, not like it, so they would donate it to the Opportunity shop so my girlfriend would spot it, see how big it was opened up, and purchase it for me.

God, You are amazing! It was such a small thing, but it means so much to me. These scarves are hard to find!

Now then, if God will go to all that trouble for a new scarf, how much more will He engineer things to get you that job, or husband/wife you have been waiting on? Truly, He hears our heart's cry and our dreams are safe with Him. "Delight yourselves in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4)

No comments: