Saturday, March 17, 2012

Just try...

Holy Spirit keeps telling me, "Just try."  It goes along with, "trust me,"  one of those really tough things to do outside of your comfort zone.  I keep hearing the Lord say, "You can do it!" Hmmmm, that's something to think about.

I am getting better at trusting the Lord although I still fall flat on my face once in a while.  I don't know if that will ever change, lol.

Yesterday a bunch of us were at a restaurant for supper and I said, "Let's pray for a word for the waitress."  I started praying and all I got was 'traveling'.  It wasn't really much to go on but I thought okay I will ask her if that means anything to her.

The next time she came around I asked her if the word 'traveling' meant anything to her because when I asked the Lord about her that's what I got.  She was excited and said, "Yes, I have always wanted to go traveling, though I don't know how I'm going to go." 

I encouraged her with what I felt the Lord was saying and prayed for a good traveling companion for her.  She left and the restaurant got really busy and I never got the chance to resume our conversation.

That used to bother me until I surrendered my personal opinions about what should and should not happen during an encounter.  Somebody once told me that I wasted my time because I didn't get the waitress saved.  I disagree.  I am supposed to obey.  The Bible says, that some plant, some water, some harvest. Who am I to disagree with God?

I left a great Gospel tract with my generous tip. This waitress now knows that God cares about her and is interested in her personally and my million dollar bill with the gospel message will get read when she is ready to read it.  I just know it.  I have seen this happen again and again.

The most important thing is to try.  Holy Spirit will show himself strong on your behalf.... just like he does for me.

I will be a fool for him everyday if it means he is using me!  I don't care what people think or say! Do you hear me?  I realized that I would never step outside of my comfort zone until I got to the place where I wanted to please Jesus more than I wanted to keep my reputation!

Here are some helpful confessions that I use to get to that place everyday.

Thank You Jesus that I love you more than anything.
Thank You Jesus that the fear of God is pure and clean enduring forever. (ref. Psalm 19:9)
Thank You Lord for setting me free from the fear of man which is a snare and a trap. (ref. Prov. 29:25)
Thank You Lord that I don't love my life or reputation more than you. (ref. Rev. 12:6)
Thank You Lord for helping me to step outside of my comfort zone.
Thank You Lord for helping me to seize the moments to bring your Kingdom down to earth.
Thank You Lord for giving me encouraging words for all the people I meet today.
Thank You Lord for showing me who to talk to today about You.
Thank You Lord that Your Spirit is mighty in prophesy and Your Spirit is flowing mightily through me.
Thank You Lord that your thoughts for us are uncountable.  Thank You for giving me one of those thoughts for each person I think about and show me what to speak or do with it. (ref. Psalm 139:17-18)

I Bless you richly.  May you have courage and great boldness to just 'try' to take God at his word today.  He's forever faithful/true because he cannot deny himself. Amen!

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson
(Photo courtesy of www.photobucket.com)

No comments: