Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Suspend Your Reason!

"And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night." (Exodus 13:21)

This is an amazing verse to me.  Can you imagine how big that cloud was if it could cover 6 million plus people spread out in their homes to shade them?  It boggles our sensible minds. The author of this picture obviously had a hard time wrapping his mind around the concept.

You think that's a stretch?  The Bible says that we are for signs and wonders! (ref. Is. 8:18) That's something to meditate on, lol.

I recently heard that if you want to walk in the Supernatural of God you will have to suspend your reason-- Guillermo Maldonado. Interesting how our minds with all their reasoning and methodology will cancel out Holy Spirit's nudges and we end up missing out on the best God has for us.

I have not arrived.... I still have occasions where I out reason Holy Spirit, but I am getting better at stepping out of my comfort zone.

I tend to be the one that reacts fast at critical moments and then after I think, "Boy was that stupid!" ( which incidentally is the voice of the accuser).  Yet,  I have seen so many miracles because I just reacted and spoke and acted from my heart  as Holy Spirit led.

So I want to encourage you to do what your heart says to do, not what your mind says.  Our minds are always at least 10 seconds too late!

I want to stretch the limits of my mind. Maybe you do too?  We know the Bible says that with God all things are possible.... but somehow we exclude ourselves from this verse. Maybe we say, "I don't deserve it, I'm not praying enough, I'm not special enough".  Whatever the reason, it's not good enough to not take God at his word because he doesn't change and he doesn't lie and he's doesn't have favorites!

Therefore I am reprogramming my mind with good confessions.
God, You are more than enough for me.  I believe I receive the supernatural ability to take You at your word today.  I believe I receive all my daily needs met today. I believe I receive opportunities to bring Heaven to earth today. I believe I receive words of destiny and encouragement for people I see today.  I believe I receive words of knowledge for sicknesses and spiritual strongholds around me so I can set people free today.  I choose to live a supernatural life today with Holy Spirit and I thank You Lord that I can bring you joy today with my steps of obedience and worship.

Bless you today!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

ps.  Guillermo was on Sid Roth's show.  http://www.sidroth.org/site/News2?abbr=tv_&page=NewsArticle&id=11107

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not.

Proverbs 3:5

Brenda Gale Thompson said...

You Bet!