Thursday, March 29, 2012

Trying to Outgive God

I am having fun these days.  I have been trying to out give God.  It's been very tough... He seems to delight in giving back far more than I could ever ask or imagine.

For example, the fellow that usually does all the video editing was away for two months and I stepped up to help.  I didn't realize how much work it was and then the lady who also stepped up to help had to back out so I was left with the full work load.  The Lord gave me grace and just kept telling me to lay my life down.  Ouch.   That's not what we want to hear.  We want to pursue our dreams, our wants, our goals.

In any case I surrendered all, sometimes many times a week and learned a valuable skill.   My hat is off to all those who videotape church services.   It takes a lot of focus and concentration to follow a moving speaker for over an hour.  It always seems that as soon as you look away to give your eyes a break that that is when the speaker moves!

I won't mention all the equipment problems. I once told someone that the computer had crashed so we might be missing a portion of the service and he replied, "You need to release the anointing on all your equipment!" 

Of course he was right, I just never thought of it!  We learn something new every day.

Anyhow.... the fellow that usually does the the editing is back so I only have half the work load now.  PTL! 

I am sharing a clip I made from last Sunday's service. I was videotaping so I couldn't make notes.   It's got three similar prophesies on it by three different people! I think God was trying to make a point!
 Truly, he is working while we wait on him and there's nothing greater than laying your life down for friends. (ref. Is. 64:4, John 15:13)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQv9LnnVMeM&context=C44f49aeADvjVQa1PpcFPiAO7srpoRzkTrJhFGuXgukFioyojIBb0=

There you have it.... we can never out give God. Never!

Have a great day trying to out give God!

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!