Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Kindhearted Woman...

The Bible says that, "A kindhearted woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth." (Prov. 11:16)  If I understand this correctly respect is to be more desired than wealth and it's far better to be kindhearted than to be ruthless.

Boy we need to hear this.  It's too easy to lay aside kindness when our own pursuits suffer.  It's not the easiest thing to lay down our wants, our needs when others are acting selfishly.  From what I have been hearing the home is the final stronghold of carnality.  We can be so nice when we are out in the public eye and then act completely different at home.

If you are having to live through situations where others are acting selfishly, take heart.  God is able to keep your reputation. He knows how many times you have been slurred or disrespected by those who say they love you and He will repay you.... if you allow him to.

He is our source.... no one else. My day does not depend on my husband appreciating me, although it's nice when he does.  Also,  My good humor should not depend on what's happening with the kids.  You know what I mean?  It's easy to say, but boy it takes some discipline to live like this consistently.

I can only say that those things that I used to esteem I now count as rubbish, and that includes my own so-called rights. (ref. Phil. 3:7)

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." (Phil. 3:10-12)

That's the key.  We keep pressing on. We choose to pick up our cross instead of picking up offense.  We let the Lord keep us and when the angry feelings come because we feel used we take them to the Lord. He'll sort them all out.  

Ultimately, he is our hope and our source.  We need to learn to go to him with stuff instead of looking for the first person to vent on. LOl.

Let's Pray:  "Lord help us look to you for everything so that we can be free from people.  Help us to deny ourselves and pick up our crosses and follow you.... at any cost.  Let our lives have an impact for your kingdom and may we always bless your heart in the way we treat others. Amen!"

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

Photo courtesy of  northwestbc.com

No comments: