Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Testimony

I got a text a week or so ago to pray for an expectant mom because her water broke at 30 weeks.  Not a good diagnosis.  I felt to ask the Lord for more placenta fluid and that the tear would be repaired. I didn't know the whole situation at the time. The expectant mother was on bed rest.

Got a text a day later and they were going to check the baby and induce if there wasn't enough fluid.  I prayed for enough fluid...

It didn't happen..... I got another text saying that they were inducing the mother.  I started to pray a lot harder and asked the Lord what to do.

"Drop any preconceived ideas you have." was all I heard.

Okay.... I discarded what I would like to see happen in this situation and started to decree the truth I knew. I didn't allow discouragement to start because it gets you no where.

I argued, "God, that's not blessed to have a baby with birth defects. Tell me what I'm allowed to decree for them."  I knew but I knew, that a single mom didn't need the extra burden of a handicapped baby.  So I claimed a healthy baby that could breathe on it's own, without a ventilator. I also decreed no complications in the labor and delivery process. I had peace then.

God's blessing is so much greater than anyone's sin.  The only one who is cursed is the devil.  I knew I was onto something claiming the blessing of God on that mom and baby.  I could feel myself get hot as I would decree it over them.

I also texted a few friends and got them to agree with me for miracles for the little guy.  We were all in agreement for him.

A day or so later I got a text and  mom delivered without any trouble. Mom and baby are fine.  He was 3 lbs, 11 oz and hasn't been on a ventilator once!  Now that's God!

Bless You!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: