Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Encouragement Yesterday

I've been so busy that going out to the malls seems like a lifetime away.  I stole some time away from the church video stuff and was listening to Todd White for a bit.  (Here's one of the clips I did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjk_jgDYRrw   There's a bunch of them.  Just look up "Kinburn Revival Todd" on youtube.com)

I was thinking about what Todd said, "I have these encounters because it's who I am, not because it's what I do."

I gathered from what he said that he doesn't have and on-off switch.  This is who he is.

That's who I want to be.  So in the grocery store it's easy to tell a mom about her beautiful baby and all the great things he's going to be good at when he grows up.   It's easy to tell a mom that God loves her and says she's a great mom.

It's easy to help those who come across your path because that's what Jesus would do.  Love isn't meant to be something you turn on or off.  We are wired to be 'on' or 'in love' full time.

Not feeling loving towards someone? Ask!  Holy Spirit will always give you more love for people if you ask him. (ref. Rom. 5:5)

Only when we walk in selfishness is love turned off.  Therefore, our goal should always be to make sure that love is turned on.  When we seek our own we are no heavenly good, but when we deny our own ambitions then love is turned on bright in our lives.  And only Heaven knows the difference we can make.

Todd also shared somewhere how important it is to share encouraging words.  He's seen dozens of people who said they were suicidal find hope through God's words spoken by him.  We too can prevent suicides with encouraging words from Holy Spirit.

Love is encouraging..... We don't need to have a prophetic word or a word of knowledge to give an encouraging word.  Most times I don't have one.  I just have Love and when I open my mouth I am sometimes surprised at what comes out.  We can all give God our mouths and our wills so that he can use us. Let's be living sacrifices for Him today and special ambassadors of God's love today.  Let's be free from the fear of what people will think, or what they will say and just focus on Jesus and how happy he is with us. Amen? Amen!

Bless you!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: