Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sword Drill



Yesterday was a hard day with no water at all and other troubles and it's so easy to use the word of God as a weapon.
Wait, hang on a minute! I don't want to hurt family members and use the word of God as a sword to cut them down or put them in their place. No, no, NO!

That's a sneaky way to drive them away from the Bible and God. Hmmm, I think I found one of the answers to the question I asked the Lord yesterday, "How do I recognize a religious spirit?"

We all know in theory that it's Holy Spirit's job to teach, correct and edify Christians but we sure like to help Him when people tick us off! Been there and done that to my chagrin. Yeah, I have done my share of repenting and apologizing to family members and friends for 'slicing' them with scripture. (ref. 2Tim. 3:16)

If there's no love showing, we need to pause and check our hearts before we correct someone with the word of God, especially when our tone and body language are hard and critical. For me, I choose not to do the devil's work for him. It's the love and goodness of God that leads us to repent (myself included).

I want grace and mercy for myself, therefore, since I reap what I sow, I better show mercy and grace to others. Now that's not to say that I don't have to correct my children, but I better make sure my heart and motives are clean before the Lord. I have learned that when I have a questionable attitude, I better not say anything. We don't fight against flesh and blood after all.

Yesterday, I told my flesh to shut up and I prayed the Lord's prayer for everyone. I also told a couple of friends so they could back me up in prayer. I am happy to say that there was great peace in my home yesterday evening and we got everything fixed that needed fixing. Yay God!

Let's pray...Lord Jesus please help us to use our swords properly, not to hurt others but to take out the enemy wherever we recognize him. Help us to listen to You to know when someone is ready to hear a 'word' and when they are not. Thanks for keeping our families safe from our 'sword drills.' May we always know when we are going to cross the line and use our swords for wrong purposes. Amen.

No comments: