Sunday, July 25, 2010

Eight Witnesses

Eight witnesses is all you need. For what you ask? To get somebody saved. Only eight on average according to our Baptist friends who have done studies.

There are many kinds of witnesses too, a friend or family member, a tract, a word of knowledge, a prophesy, a healing, a tv show, a movie, a book, a dream, a vision. God will use them all.

Our job is to be available and to develop our tool kit. That is where the local church really helps. Church is a good place to get equipped and prepared to take your tools outside the church. (It really helps when we wear our tool belt outside of church. LOL.)

I always carry tracts on me. I know that some people think they are out-dated, but if God is still using them, then I am going to use them. Besides, you never know when the spirit of stupid will hit you and you forget all the relevant scripture verses you know.   It's happened to me. So I try to have tracts handy that will explain the gospel in a way that will minister to people.

Sometimes I'll have a bunch of different tracts in my hand and I'll ask as I go  which tract for which car or person.

Anyhow, that's my blurb on tracts.  There are really two keys I want to give you to have a fulfilling life.

The first big key I can give you is to be a living sacrifice. Every day that I offer myself to the Lord and ask Him to use me, He does. So ask Him to use your mouth and your hands, all of you to bless others today. (ref. Romans 12:1-2)

The second big key I can give you is-- don't be too busy.  If you are not too busy then Holy Spirit can let you know who needs help. Sometimes He will highlight someone to you so you know to go talk to them. Sometimes a person will talk to you on their own initiative. As I am talking I am listening for Holy Spirit to direct my words. Many times Holy Spirit will reveal something and when I ask the person they are surprised.  I reply something like, "Well God knows all about you and He wants you to know that He loves you, so He sent me your way." This will open them up to receive more.  If they are hungry I will ask the Lord for more and share and ask questions. 

I always try to let His compassion compel me to reach out and help those around me.  Therefore, let's  command fear to leave us now, because God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind. (ref. 2Tim 1:7) We might be the eighth witness after all!

The Bible talks about vessels that are  for noble purposes and those that are only for regular purposes. (2Tim 2:20-21) I remember one day reading that and I cried out, "I just want to be Your favorite mug!" I want to be the one He reaches for first thing in the morning. May that be your cry too.

I bless you in Jesus' name.  Go with God and have an exciting day!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: