Friday, July 30, 2010

God is Serious

Well, I can't plead ignorance.  He's told me before.  I keep getting the word, "Don't complain about your brothers and sisters."  (ref. James 4:11)

I never realized how easy it is to gripe about the kids that don't listen, or the hubby that is tuned out.  It has been an awakening, that's for sure.

The Lord told me a simple solution.  He said that if I wouldn't say it to Him in prayer then I better not speak it at all.  Hmm, that's something to think about.  Even if I feel justified I better not start.

So thank You Lord for a greater grip on my tongue.  Set a watch over the door of my lips, Please.   (ref. Psalm 141:3)
I was also reminded of Psalm 15.  Since I want to dwell in His sanctuary and live on His Holy hill I better take note of the requirements...
Thank You Lord that there is no slander on my tongue. I want to be used by you.
Thank You that I do my neighbor no wrong and I don't cast slurs on my fellowman or woman. I hate a vile man but I honor those who fear the Lord.
Praise the Lord, I will never be shaken.  (ref. Psalm 15:1-5)


Holy Spirit is so happy now.  He really likes it when I share my bloopers with you all.  May you be blessed and encouraged to know that with Him all things are possible.  There is no condemnation in the Lord, just a process of becoming more and more like Him called sanctification.  (ref. Rom, 8:1, 1Thess. 5:23) As we notice some areas of our life that need changing He will help us find a promise to cut out the bad and replace it with good. "Through His glory and goodness He has given us His great and precious promises so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. ( ref. 2Pet. 1:3-4)  

I thank God that there is supernatural power  in each promise from the Bible to bring itself to pass in our lives. (ref. Isaiah 55:11)

Therefore, since He promised me I would be a rickshaw for His Glory I want to obey all His promptings. I don't want anything to hinder the flow of Holy Spirit in my life. "Your words of love, grace, mercy and power flow through me all the time," is part of a song I wrote.
I'll keep singing it and renewing my mind with His word.  It's a done deal with Holy Spirit!

Have a great weekend with HIM!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: