Saturday, July 10, 2010

How Big is Your Beach?


I think almost everybody loves a beach with lots of sand in the summer. The winters in Canada are so long that we dream of hot weather and beaches and spend lots of money going south on vacations.

Many years ago the Lord highlighted a verse in the bible to me that was about beaches. It goes like this, "If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea. Your (spiritual) descendants would have been like the numberless grains of sand (on a beach;) their name would never be cut off nor destroyed from before me." (ref. Isaiah 48:18-19 Brackets mine)

I didn't think much of it at that moment and Holy Spirit told me to read it again so I complied. I didn't understand what He wanted. He told me that if I would listen to and obey his commands then I would have tons of spiritual descendants. That got my attention!

So how big is my beach? Good question. If I am willing and obedient I will eat the good of the land, which includes all the promises He has made to me.

My family used to vacation around Lake Winnipeg and there are some beautiful, long beaches on that lake. So whenever my faith seems small, I think about how big one of those beaches is and I am in awe of how great our God is.

I don't know how He is going to save billions of people and that's okay. He is God and I am not. I just know that He is true and that He's exalted above all things His name and His word. (Psalm. 138:2) My part is to believe, to keep declaring the promise and then to thank Him for the answers.

I think our beach is as small or as big as we will believe for. Maybe the better question is, "Has His love touched me in such a way that I don't want anyone, absolutely anyone to miss out on His love?"

There are countless grains of sand on a beach. Truly He can do exceedingly above and beyond all that we can ask, think and hope for according to His word (power) that abides within us. (ref. Eph. 3:20 brackets mine)
Time for me to go look at some pictures of beaches so my faith can stretch a bit more.

If you want some of this then agree with me.  Lord we want your dream for our life.  Teach us how to recognize all the ways you communicate to us and how to respond with faith, knowing that you will never lead us where you have not already gone ahead of us and prepared a way for us.  Thank you for your great Love for us, your belief in us and the power of your word in us.  We give you all the glory now and forever. Amen!

Big hugs and many blessings,
Brenda Gale Thompson
Gimli, Manitoba beach

No comments: