Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Challenging Old and Current Mindsets

It's amazing how much we carry from our childhood into our adult life.  As a child I was a student that did poorly in art classes at school.  D's and F's were common marks for me to receive for my assignments. I had a hard time drawing and easily believed what teachers and other students told me which was, "You are no good at art."

However God says differently.  This is the first painting I just completed.


It is sad that it took me almost 30 years to try painting again but it's good that I did it.  Some people never get over the biases and words that other people speak over them.

I have been a Christian now almost 30 years and Holy Spirit has been challenging me to think about myself differently the whole time.  It's a slow process because we have to renew our minds and learn to speak differently but it's well worth it. (Rom. 12:1-2, Prov. 18;21, Matt. 12:32-37) One glance at this painting tells you that.

We can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens us.(Matt. 19:26)  All things means all things in my world. What does it mean in yours?

Can I encourage you to think outside the limitations that others have put on you?  May I encourage you to get your self-worth from Holy Spirit and not from men?  People fall in and out of love so easily but God's love is forever.

It's never too late to start.   It takes 21 days to form a new habit... at least that's what the pros say. 

Let's pray:  Lord give us the courage to challenge old and current mindsets as You lead.  You the Creator (Holy Spirit) live inside of us and You will help us change into the likeness of Your son. We do have the mind of Christ (the anointed one and His anointing). We bind ourselves to the truth. Your word is truth.  We declare that no weapon formed against us, especially curses will stand and we cast down every evil imagination and negative word that has bound us.  We speak life over ourselves; spiritually, mentally, physically and financially.  We are a blessing everywhere we go and we abound in blessings.  Everything we put our hands to do prospers, in Jesus' name! Amen.

Thank You Lord that You wish above all things that we proper and be in health, even as our souls prosper. (3John 1: 2)
Have a great day with HIM!
Love and hugs,
Brenda Gale

2 comments:

Lynn Roberts said...

What a beautiful painting! I believe God gets so much enjoyment from proving others wrong! What a wonderful gift He gave you in your artwork. :)

Brenda Gale Thompson said...

Thank you Lynn for your kind words!

Bless you more!
Brenda