Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Word at Dentist's Office

So you would tend to think after reading the last 4 or 5 posts that I am always this bold person, always flowing in words of knowledge and prophesy, right?

Think again! Yesterday I got busy at home before my dentist appointment and did not do my daily devotions or good confessions.  I was more concerned about what to get done on my tooth and praying for protection over the procedure, etc., etc.

So there I was, sitting in the dentist's chair with a frozen mouth, waiting on the dentist.  Getting a little bored, I thought to ask the Lord, "What's up with the dentist?"

I immediately got this picture of him working in another office and thought, "That's cool. I wonder if he is going to expand?  I asked the dental assistant when she came in and she said, "No, he's quite happy here."

So, I didn't mention the word to him.

Has it happened to you?  A little bit of discouragement comes, so you ignore the prompting of the Lord and shut down your gift.  I have done it countless times and you probably have too, without realizing it.

I have learned to repent quickly.  Then I revisit the words or visions I get and double check with Holy Spirit to see if I am right, by asking for more details and clarifying the vision. Second, I double check to make sure my motive is right-- I want to bless and encourage the person.  Third, I ask the Lord if I have missed my window of opportunity to deliver the word.

With that in mind, I went through my check list and then I sent the dentist an email about my word.  The worst case is, he will disregard it and think I am a little odd.  That's okay, I have already died to what other people think about me.  As long as Holy Spirit is happy, I am happy too. 

The upshot is that my word might help him to recognize a God ordained opportunity when it comes.  God will always confirm His word. It's worthwhile being obedient.  I have had people come to me years later and thank me for the words I have given them, even those that rejected  the word initially.

I hope this helps you to step out of your comfort zone.  The thrill of being obedient to Holy Spirit and helping Him is far greater than any discouragement or backlash from a person.

Let's pray: "Lord help us all to be so Heavenly minded that we can help tons of people here on the Earth. Help us set our minds and affections on things above.  Holy Spirit expose the pride of our hearts so that it doesn't deceive us. Thank You Lord that because we love Your word we avoid pride and offense.  May we always be motivated by Your great love and may we always live in the light of eternity. Amen! " (Col. 3:1-3, Obed.1:3, Ps. 119:165,  1John. 3:18, John 9:4)

Have a great day with HIM!
Love and hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: