Friday, February 4, 2011

God Is Not Mean Or Vindictive

 I just recently heard about a Christian who is suffering right now and is having a hard time working.  Apparently this person is having a hard time trusting God with all the responsibilities of life.

So the person who told me about it said, "Well maybe God allowed this so that the person would be forced to rest."

Ask any worrier and they will tell you that being at home does not mean that you will not think about all your problems. Actually, you will have more time to dwell on all the things you need to do but can't.

Second,  the Lord is not schizophrenic.  The Bible says, "For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men." Lam 3:33  Therefore, since God can't lie and He doesn't change, there must be something else happening here. (Mal. 3:6, 1Sam. 15:29, Num. 23:19)

Psalm 91 will give us a good clue. It says that "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will abide in the shadow of the Lord.   I will say of the Lord, he is my refuge, my fortress, my God in whom I trust. "(vs 1-2) 

That's our part to do.  We choose to dwell.  We choose our thoughts and our words.  Our words can either invite the Angels to hang around us or the bad guys to hang around.  It is all our choice.

I can tell where you are headed by the words you speak.   Life and death are in the power of your tongue (Prov. 18:21). You believe what you say about yourself more than you believe what anyone else says.

Psalm 91 has more to say about the person who chooses to abide or dwell with God.  No evil will come near their home.  That's one promise I love!  Let's read this Psalm together aloud. It's got some powerful promises that we can put to work for us.  (The Angels hearken to the voice of His word, so let's give them lots to do!)

 1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
   my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
   from the fowler’s snare
   and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
   and under his wings you will find refuge;
   his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
   nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
   nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
   ten thousand at your right hand,
   but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
   and see the punishment of the wicked.
 9 If you say, “The LORD is my refuge,”
   and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
   no disaster will come near your tent (home).
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
   to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
   so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
   you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
 14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him;
   I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
   I will be with him in trouble,
   I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
   and show him my salvation.”  (Psalm 91:3-16 italics mine)

Amen!  Now I know you are going to have a good day.   You keep speaking God's promises out loud over yourself and you will have a great day.

You are blessed to be a blessing!   Let's pray for this person. "Lord we agree that this person I heard about is coming out of this attack far better than before. I speak life over this person and I say, "Be whole, Be Healthy, Be sound in your mind and full of Holy Spirit! I cast down every negative, idle word spoken over this person and I say rise up! in Jesus' Name. Rise Up! I speak peace to every situation they face and  revelation to every problem and joy to everyday issues they face.  Lord send your angels to help them get back on their feet. Give them testimonies for every trial they face, in Jesus' name! Amen!

Thanks for agreeing with me.
Have a great day with Him!
Love and Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: