Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Last Weekend

I was helping a friend pack and move last weekend.  You know how it goes if it's happened to you.  You let everybody know  you are moving and you hear a litany of excuses, "My back is sore, I'm busy that day or I can't lift anything," to name a few.

Well after driving for 6 hours and then unloading a 29 ft Uhaul truck with three of people I was a bit sore.  The next day I should have been fine but I noticed that I was worse.  Wrong, my warning bells went off.  I started pleading the blood of Jesus over myself and speaking the word, "My youth is renewed like the eagle, He arms me with strength and power and makes my way perfect,  as my days are so shall my strength be."  The pain would abate for a bit then come back with a vengeance.

I knew I was getting some words of knowledge because I don't have achy joints, as a rule,  but the lady I was helping does on occasion.  So I started praying for her.  Then my knees started paining and I was thinking this is weird. I couldn't figure out who had the sore knee.

Well yesterday I finally determined to worship with the piano, despite all the distractions and see what the Lord had to say to me.  As I started worshiping I got clarity on some issues friends are facing and the Lord showed me how to pray for them.

Then life intruded and I had to help my son.  As I walked away,  I couldn't help but notice that my legs and joints were better.

Isn't that amazing?  I didn't even ask about my health, I was more concerned about a friend that got a bad report and some other friends that are facing tough issues in life.   Just goes to show you that we can never out give God.

I guess the moral of the story is, when you don't know what else to do, go praise and worship the Lord and ask Him.  He's promised that if we ask He will give us wisdom. (James 1:5)

Let me bless you now. "May you know His love that passes understanding today. May you know his support more than ever today.  May His revelatory light dawn on every tough situation you face today.  May the joy of His presence go with you today and may you know His peace that passes all understanding today.
I bless you today, in Jesus' Name!

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale.

P.S. Here is the link to an article I wrote about what to do in frustrating times. It will teach you how to get God's answers to your problems. Enjoy!
http://greatcommissionhow2s.blogspot.com/2010/09/frustration.html

1 comment:

Brenda Gale Thompson said...

Hi there. I found out who the sore knee was. Turns out that the fellow my friend was marrying had problems with both his knees.

Isn't God good? That blessed me so much. I was able to pray for both of them and bless them. Hallelujah!