Monday, December 26, 2011

Soaring on Eagle's Wings

Red-tailed Hawk

I've seen a red-tailed hawk twice in the last week or so, one even on the left shoulder of the road as I drove by!  It didn't fly away and I got to see it so close that I could see the wind ruffling it's feathers.  What  a thrill!  I was rejoicing and praying for him/her all the way home. Then I saw one yesterday perched in a large tree right over the road I was driving down. In December, yet!  It's cold here in Eastern Ontario, the thermometer has been between -10 and -20 centigrade for almost a week.

I couldn't believe how big their eyes were!  These birds can see so well and their beaks are large and strong.

I really believe that the Lord held him there for me because I enjoy them so much. Some people get prophetic encouragement from seeing different types of numbers, I get encouragement from seeing these big birds.  I especially love to see how they soar and ride the air currents.  It's a big reminder to me of how we are supposed to act during the storms of life.


You don't see an eagle hiding from a strong wind or a storm. Nope, they are in their element riding and coasting on the air currents, soaring higher and higher. This is how Christians are supposed to be. Whenever the winds of adversity or affliction are blowing, they only cause us to ride higher and higher in praise and worship to our King.

On that note, I'm going to spend some time just loving on the Lord; asking him what he'd like me to sing to him or play for him and then I will pause and listen to what he would like to tell me.   Truly, "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not be faint." (Is. 40:31)

Let me bless you: "May you always be able to soar on the winds of the spirit regardless of what's happening around you.  I bless you with the supernatural ability to bless the Father's heart today and the determination to make a difference for Him.  May you hear His heart beat today and may you be a blessing wherever you go today, in Jesus' name I ask. Amen!"

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson
photo courtesy of (wikipedia and National Geographic)

No comments: