Thursday, January 5, 2012

Advancing To A New Level

Advancing to the Next Level
I have been feeling that God wants me to keep pressing in for more.   I am just like every one else... I have lots to do and the days go by really fast.

So how do we keep God's priority our main focus?  I don't have any really good answers.  I feel like a ship at sea that doesn't have a map and I'm getting occasional radio messages.  I'm sure you've been there too.  You've headed out on your ship of faith with a goal but then all these storms and winds come and blow you off track.  It really messes up your plans if you know what I mean.

Sometimes we slow down and play with the radio trying to catch a transmission so we can get our bearings and figure out how to adjust our steering.

Sometimes we just give up and drift at sea, at the mercy of the winds and ocean currents.

Sometimes we get going so fast and then bam! we get a transmission that shows if we keep going the same direction we will end up hopelessly lost.  It's a tough go no matter how you look at it.

That's when the encouragement from another brother or sister on their ship of faith can really help.

Well, the good news is that our brother, Bobby Connor has heard from the Lord and we are on track. As usual, the message is the same, "Keep seeking the Lord!"

I have to laugh, of course the answer is to keep seeking the Lord.  That will always be the answer! Funny how encouraging it is to hear that line coming from somebody else.... we really aren't doing this alone.  I know it feels like the whole world is passing us by when we spend time with the Lord, but all over the world there are other Christians that are setting aside their busy schedules to wait upon the Lord and to listen to what he has to say.

Therefore, let us press on toward that high mark of the calling we have in Christ Jesus.  The last time I checked God was still looking for full grown sons and daughters. I am signing up to become one of them.  We are changed from glory to glory as we stand in his presence, so seeking him with praise and worship is definitely worth it! (ref. Phil. 3:14, Rom. 8:19, 2Cor. 3:18)

I bless you as you make time to seek God and to hear his voice.  He is worth it!  There is no God like our God who works on the behalf of those who wait on him! (ref. Is. 64:4)

Bobby Conner's article on Elijah List can be found here. He is so encouraging and it's well worth the read.
http://www.elijahlist.com/words/display_word/10609

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson
(photo courtesy of photobucket.com)

No comments: