Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pulling Heaven Down, Part 2 "Asking for the Fear of the Lord"

This is part two of a series about how to pull down Heaven. I wasn't thinking of writing this but then my Pastor complimented me and said how he appreciated my being at the meetings, because I knew how to pull Heaven down.  I started thinking about what I do and realized that I have something to share, that can help others.  My goal is to fast track you so that signs, wonders and miracles will follow you and that you will pull Heaven down wherever you go.

On that note let's start with the second key God gave me.

I was having a hard time disciplining my flesh, at the time and I was crying out for Holy Spirit to help me.  He told me to ask for the Fear of the Lord.

"What?" I replied.   That certainly wasn't what I wanted to hear. I guess I was looking for a magic pill or something that I could pop and all my flesh would just die-- no fuss, no muss.

I started to look up scriptures about the "fear of the Lord" and discovered that it is clean and pure, enduring forever. (Psalm 19:9)

Now let the fear of the LORD be upon you. Judge carefully, for with the LORD our God there is no injustice or partiality or bribery." (2Chron. 19:7 italics and bold mine)   Okay, that means I am to ask for the fear of the Lord to be upon me.   That was something I had never heard before.


Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. (Psalm 34:11)   That really blessed my heart.   I started to ask Holy Spirit to teach me about the fear of the Lord.

It's a reverential fear of God that we are talking about.  When You have such respect for someone that you hover over every word they speak, and you quickly try to put their advice into practice.  When you are totally convinced that they know the best way for you and that you are foolish to not listen to their advice.

I have learned to ask for the fear of the Lord all the time. My opinion doesn't count for squat.  Holy Spirit is the one that knows what it best all the time. No ifs or buts.

I have been renewing my mind so that I can trust Him more too.  You might know what Holy Spirit wants, but if you don't trust Him, you won't obey Him.  I have taken some time to convince myself that He knows what is best for me.   I have decided that I want to be transformed into His image at any cost.

Here are some more scripture verses about the fear of God and the fear of the Lord.

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. "(2 Cor. 7:1 italics mine)

"Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. " (Eph. 5:21, italics mine)

"That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it [is] mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever." (Jos. 4:24 italics mine)

"But the LORD your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies." (2Kings, 17:39)

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" (1Pet. 3:15)

"The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death." (Prov. 14:27)

"The fear of the LORD teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor." (Prov. 15:33)

There is a lot in the Bible about the fear of the Lord.  Without it we will never discipline our flesh.  I ask for it all the time so that I walk in reverence for Him not people.   "The fear of man is a snare and a trap." (Prov. 29:25)

The bible says that without holiness no one will see the Lord.   Holy Spirit told me that  with greater and greater holiness, more and more people will see the Lord through my life.     Claim it for yourself.

Finally,  the Lord gave me this promise, "See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this. How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield my glory to another" (Is. 48:10-11)  If we want His glory to flow through our lives we need to walk in holiness.  Without the fear of the Lord we will never discipline our flesh and we won't become holy.

Let's put it another way:

The Fear of God leads to...
Disciplining my flesh which leads to....
Holiness which leads to...
More Glory manifesting through my life!

 His Glory is worth any price.  The Joy that Holy Spirit shares when you have helped Him is beyond anything this world has to offer.  It is better than any drug I ever tried before I got saved.  He is the Most HIGH!

Let me bless you now.   Lord help us to crave the Fear of the Lord.  Teach us how valuable it is to our walk of holiness.  Help us to trust You more everyday and to obey Holy Spirit's promptings. Amen!

Bless you!
Brenda Gale

(image from heartlight.org)  

No comments: