Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Honor


This is not an easy post for me to write as I am still learning what it means to honor people. I don't have a problem honoring most people, but when they are mean to me,  I want to pull back and protect myself.

What I do know is that the fog that I wrote about in my last post cleared when I chose to honor my husband instead of stating the obvious.  I had the opportunity to say bluntly what he was like, but I chose to say what I appreciated about him instead.

Two minutes later as I was driving home and I got the song, "Here comes the bride, here comes the bride."

So I put two and two together and figured that, for me at least, it's not okay now to state the obvious. It doesn't matter what kind of a stinker he has been, I still have to walk in love. I heard myself telling a lady that when the going gets tough, to just imagine that her husband is Jesus, and how she would you treat him... then act accordingly.

Not the easiest thing to do that's for sure.  It's back to Phil. 4:8... think about (and speak about) whatever is pure, lovely, praiseworthy, noble and of good report.  I am also calling forth those things 'that be not as though they were'. (Rom 4:17)  God told me I could have a better marriage than I dreamed possible and I'm hanging onto his promise and speaking it out loud as a war declaration.

That doesn't mean you don't get help or don't speak the truth.  "I'm hurting, " is very real.  It just means be careful who you talk to. The whole world doesn't need to know about your 'stuff'.  What the Lord told me once is that, "If you wouldn't say it to Me in prayer, then don't say it, period."

It gives us an idea of how far the Lord wants us to take this supernatural love.  Every time we run out of love we can ask Holy Spirit for more because there is an unending supply. (Rom. 5:5, Psalm 136, 1John 4:8)

Since I have been given the opportunity to be on the ministry team at church I have had many more opportunities to pray for people.  I started asking the Lord, "How do I activate your power flowing through me to them?"  He said, "Just love on them."

I started experimenting during ministry times and when I am the support person I just put my hand on them and say quietly how much I love them and how I know that Holy Spirit loves them so much more. People have stopped me and asked me to move my hand to where they hurt because they can feel the heat of Holy Spirit flowing into them. That is very encouraging.

I hope I have helped you. I certainly don't have it all together.  I am going to keep working on this honor thing and not judging another man's servant.  With the Lord's help all things are possible. (1Cor. 1:26-29, Rom. 14:4, Mark 10:27)

Bless you as you go, in Jesus' name!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: