Friday, March 25, 2011

Pulling Heaven Down, Part 1 "Be Hungry"


This is the beginning of a series of posts about Pulling Heaven Down or how to get Heaven or Glory to manifest around you.  I want to share all the keys I have learned over the years so that you can get to where I am at in a fraction of the time.  This is not meant to be an exhaustive list,  just the things I have tried that work.

We all have the potential to pull on Heaven if we are children of the Most High God. We have guaranteed access because of the blood of Jesus.  He always hears our hearts cry so that's the first key I want to share.  Be hungry.  I ask the Lord to let me be hungry for Him forever.  I tell Him with all my heart that He is everything to me (and I am crying already.)  I tell him that I am His living sacrifice. I tell Him that today I choose to die to all my plans, dreams, thoughts and I ask Him for His dreams, plans and thoughts about everything.  I determine to walk with Him in constant communication.  Seriously, I talk to the Lord all day long.  He's my best friend and He has lots to say.  He talks to me about the people around me, situations, animals, things... everything!

When Holy Spirit gets quiet or I don't feel His presence around me, I stop and start asking Him questions.  "Where did I grieve Your heart?"  "What did I say that hurt You and caused you to pull away?"  He is very tender hearted and He will pull away from me if I grieve Him.

I won't move on until He is back.  I will go apologize to anyone for anything, if it has hurt His heart. I don't care how foolish I look.  I have to have Him.  I have gone and apologized to those who had it in for me and I gave them more ammunition against me.  I didn't care!  Holy Spirit is the most important thing in my life.

I don't want to live without Him.  I tell him that if He ever leaves me, then I am going to find Him, whatever the cost.  I will be the most miserable person in the whole world till I find Him. Thankfully He has promised to never leave us or forsake us, but there is a big difference from knowing someone as an acquaintance or as a lover.

So that's my first key. Be hungry.  When I know that I am going to church, I talk to Holy Spirit about the church, the meeting, the people and I ask Him what He wants to do and how I can help Him.  Then I follow His instructions and love on Him and He always shows up.  I guarentee you if you will follow what I have done, you will feel Holy Spirit start to hover around you more.

One last note.  Did you know that there have been times when I wanted to go to bed because it was late and Holy Spirit asked me to stay up longer because He was lonely?  He gets lonely! I was shocked when it happened the first time.  He just wanted me to love on Him some more.   So I challenge you, don't use Holy Spirit just to get 'your' prayers answered.  He is the best friend you can ever know... really.

Some books that influenced me when I was a new Christian were "Good Morning Holy Spirit" by Benny Hinn and God Calling by Two Listeners.  The link for God calling is as follows...
http://www.twolisteners.org/God%20Calling%20TOC.htm

Let me pray for you now.  Lord I ask that You would bless the person reading this.  Take them deeper into the things that touch Your heart, Holy Spirit.  Open their eyes to see beautiful things in Your word and change them from glory to glory as they behold You. In Jesus' name I ask, Amen!

(image from xpmedia.com)

No comments: