Thursday, March 24, 2011

Change Is Good For Us

Hi there.   I just happened to notice this verse. "God will hear, and afflict them, Even He who abides from of old. Selah because they do not change, Therefore they do not fear God." (Psalm 55:19)

I started thinking about that and how much I have changed over the years.   Change can be good for us, if it's a change towards spiritual growth.

Another version talks about a wicked man and how there are no changes in him because he doesn't fear God.

I guess that means that if we fear God we will be willing to change, right?  I agree.  Therefore, Lord show us how to change.  Show us what area you would like us to renew our minds in and lead us step by step into renewing our minds. (Rom. 12:1-2)

I want to walk in the "anointing I have already attained." (Phil 3:16).   I am tired of getting victory in one area of my life, then starting to work on another area of my life and losing the victories I had previously.

Has that ever happened to you?

There was a time when you couldn't pay me to over eat.  I had just come out of two major fasts and was doing fine.  Then the Lord had me start working on gentleness and revival scriptures and I noticed within a month or two that I was starting to over eat on occasion.  What happened?  I let the victory slip.

I asked Holy Spirit how to maintain the anointing and He said to confess one or two scriptures a day that help me in that area of my life, to maintain the anointing and to guard my flesh in that area of my life.

The same thing can happen to you after a siesta or holiday.  You might have finished a season where you were giving out many, many words of knowledge or praying for the sick every day.  Then you take a holiday and after the holiday you notice that you are letting ministry opportunities slip by you.

Well I have good news for you.  The anointing you have received abides in you and if you will do the same things that you did initially to walk in that type of anointing, it will come back to you... just faster this time. (1John 2:27)

A good way to stir up the anointing is to pray in tongues. Another way is to recount all the miracles and healings you have experienced or witnessed before.  Remember, the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophesy. (Rev. 19:10)  As you remember what happened before and start to give thanks, the same faith  and anointing is present again, to do the same kind of miracles.  There is no time or distance in the Spirit.  So if it has happened before, it can happen again.

On that note, I am going to try to make sure that I have a couple of self control confessions every day, a few boldness confessions, faith confessions, revival confessions every day to keep myself strong in all areas of my life.  Then I won't lose any ground.  I will always be growing and changing.

I Bless you in Jesus' name. May you have fun with the Lord today. May He encourage your heart and help you to laugh at yourself in a good way, knowing that He loves you right where you are.  Amen!
We serve an amazing God and you are blessed, in Jesus' name! Amen.

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: