Monday, October 11, 2010

Work Ministry

(pic from www.avadirect.com)
Lots of times I don't know what to do to help bring in His glory at work.  I'm working away, singing to the Lord or listening to my ipod and I'll get a revelation so I scribble it down to meditate on it later.

If I don't get any words of knowledge before lunch, I'll ask the Lord if I should go to the store to give out tracts or talk to someone in the lunch room.  There's always something we can do.   Then in the afternoon, I'll pray for the people that got tracts or that I talked to.

There's this prevailing attitude that work is work and ministry is ministry,  however, I have noticed that the people around me are very quick to express their preference for music and say "Jesus" in a derogatory way. So, when I hear someone gasp because of pain I can't help but pray and rebuke the condition.  Love compels me to do something.

You know, we must let love lead us and not be afraid of what people will say or do.  Fear can paralyze us to the point where we are not effective at all.

The bottom line is that we must die daily.  That is what it means to be a living sacrifice. We are His hands and feet and His blessing wherever we are. (Rom 12:1-2,  Eph 2:10, Gal 3:13-14)

I can vouch for the fact that the Lord specializes in delivering power.  You see, I once worked at a place where they loved it when I got words of knowledge about bad product on skids.  It saved the company thousands of dollars in rework costs. I had the freedom to follow the Lord's leading and I can't tell you how many times I would show up at a production line just as something wrong was happening or had just happened.

The only thing is, they didn't want people getting saved. I was even told to leave my God at home by one supervisor. This guy had no idea what he was asking me to do.

Anyhow, the Lord fixed it all up, because this guy's mother got very sick with pancreatitis and  I waited till the Lord said to go talk to him.  Many weeks later, he was despairing because the doctors were going to put her into palliative care.  I happened to ask him about his mother and he told me his tale of woe.

I asked him, "Do you mind if I pray for her now?" (They had no hope at all at this point.)

"No, not at all." was his response.

Can you guess what happened? She was home, healed within a week or two. She got her miracle and that supervisor now knows who the King of Kings is.  It's Jesus!

God has always raised up supporters for me whenever persecution has come and if you ask Him, He'll do the same for you. So go be a witness for him.  Don't let His precious blood be wasted another day. He died so that you could be endued with His miracle working power and be a light wherever you go. Go make Your Heavenly Daddy proud.

Let me bless you now. "Lord, show us how we can make a difference every day.  We decree, that Your love is shed abroad in our hearts today and that we walk worthy of the calling to which You have called us.  Thank You Lord that we walk in the anointing we have attained and we don't slip back.  We expect divine appointments today and we are looking for Heavenly treasure everywhere we go.  We walk in love, faith and boldness.  Thank You that we always have supporters and Your wisdom to know how to answer people. Amen!" (Rom. 5:5, Eph. 4:1, Phil. 3:16, Eph 2:10, 2Cor. 5:18-20, Prov 28:1, 1Pet. 3:15, Acts, 4:21-33, Luke 21:11-19)

Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: