Friday, September 16, 2011

Everlasting Burning


I was just reading some old journals and this really blessed me, so I thought I would share it. 
Enjoy!


Isaiah 33:14 says, "The sinners in Zion are terrified; trembling grips the godless: "Who of us can dwell with the consuming fire? Who of us can dwell with everlasting burning?" (italics mine)

vs.15 "He who walks righteously and speaks what is right, who rejects gain from extortion and keeps his hand from accepting bribes, who stops his ears against plots of murder and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil--


vs. 16 "this is the man who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress. His bread will be supplied, and water will not fail him."

vs. 17 "Your eyes will see the king in his beauty and view a land that stretches afar."

I was meditating on these verses and I started asking Holy Spirit to show me the king again.

All of a sudden I could see the King in all his beauty.  He was stunning!  He was clothed and haloed by fire.

He wants me to go hug him.  I am drawing closer and closer as I die to my way, my life, my opinions.

Heat... I can feel the heat from Him, yet I am not burning. It is Holy Spirit's heat.

His arms are open wide and He's beckoning me to come closer.  Do I dare?  "It's a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Heb. 10:31)

Hang on... I have nothing else.  This is what I have dreamed of so many times over the years.  If I get vaporized He can recreate me.  I will be with Him... one way or the other.

Family... flashes through my mind. Sorry...  my steps are resolute.  I was created for this.  I was created for fellowship.

I can see the Father on his throne about 15 feet behind Jesus.  He is being careful not to move so that the glory exploding from Him won't knock me down.

I can hear the angels softly singing, "Holy, holy, holy..."  It is almost like they are holding their breath in anticipation-- of what?

Me!  In  Jesus' arms, right where I belong... the fire doesn't hurt!  I can feel the pulsing of the glory, like waves of the sea.  It's pulsing through me somehow.

Holy, holy, holy, love-- joy -- peace-- everything Holy Spirit is to me is flowing and pulsing through me.

Time is passing as I soak this revelation in.  I can feel so much joy now!! Time is standing still in His arms.

Jesus picked me up and carried me away from the Father a safe distance.

The angels are excited and happy.  I am clothed with His fire. There's a deep peace inside of me now. A really deep peace."
******************************

That's what I got one night as I waited on Him.  We can never out give God.  He always pays us back more.
Let's receive more of his purifying fire in our lives.  Hebrews 12:28-29 says, "Therefore, since we are receiving a Kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire." Thank you Lord for more grace in our lives.  Help us to walk in the light of your countenance always. Amen!

Bless you richly!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: