Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Streets Are His Too!

The Cry Ottawa, 2011

God is good all the time! I want to declare that the streets are his too!

I heard about a preacher that invites people to his healing meetings so they can get healed and I think that's a wonderful thing to do.  He says that the faith of the other believers and the atmosphere in the meeting really helps the people, to start to believe, that healing is possible for themselves.

That's a good thought.  I want to be led by God all the time.  I used to invite people to services a lot. Now,  many times I find myself moving out and blessing and praying for people right where they are, whether it be the mall, grocery store etc. Then I follow up with an invitation to a healing service.

You see, my touch or prayer might be the only time they have felt the presence and power of God.  Also, they might not come to a church service because of all the connotations associated with it.  I know, but I know that when I bless a person they are receiving healing virtue and his presence.

So I guess we just need to be led by His love. When His love compels you to do something, however small, that's what we call compassion and that's God.  When He moves you to bless or pray for someone, we should always try to obey because that's how we bring God's kingdom to the earth.

If all of us would do this, we would see such a change in the atmosphere around our towns that people would come near us and get touched by  the power and presence of God. We would see whole towns blanketed by the glory of God.

That is so exciting to me.  It makes such a difference if a few believers are praying or praising over an area.  It prepares the atmosphere for signs and wonders.  I saw that at the Cry.  It was so easy to give out destiny words there. I prayed for people after we left and it was still easy, because I had a friend praying for me as I stepped out with encouraging words.

Then later when I visited a lady and my friend wasn't present with me, I started to cough when I tried to share a destiny word.  I knew that was an attack.  So I prayed my way through it, delivered the word and went on my way.

It's important to have prayer backup every day.  I try to get a friend to agree with me for God encounters, before I go out and I ask  them to pray in tongues as the Lord leads while I am out sharing. It really does help!


So,  my thought for the day is that the streets belong to God too and we can pray for people wherever Holy Spirit leads.  Just  get some prayer covering, follow Holy Spirit's lead and signs and wonders will follow your sharing, wherever you go. (ref. Mark 16:20) I declare that we are seizing the opportunities to make a difference for the Lord. Amen!

Have a great day with Him!
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale

No comments: