Friday, September 2, 2011

Growing Up in Faith

There is something that I have seen over and over in the body of Christ that needs to be addressed.  We walk by faith, not by sight. People say 'Amen', but there are whole books that could be written about 'believing', if you know what I mean.

Giving something mental assent is very different from faith that knows.  I can say, "Yes, by his stripes I am healed." but if I run to the medicine cabinet at the first hint of fever or pain then my actions are speaking far louder than my words. Faith makes a stand and commands the enemy to go. Then it rests, expecting the mountains to move.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. (ref. Rom 4:17)  We have to read the word, speak the word and ask Holy Spirit questions about the word.  We have to use the word of God because it's the sword of the Spirit by which we overcome all the attack of the enemy. (ref. Eph 6:10-19, James 4:7)

I have encouraged my family and friends to exalt the word of God as the final say in their lives.   This is easy when things are going well, but it's harder to do when your body is screaming at you.

Initially, baby Christians get healed with no effort at all.  However,  God expects us to grow up and learn to use the weapons of our warfare.  We overcome by the blood of the lamb, by the word of our testimony and we don't love our lives unto death. (ref. Rev 12:11)  He is expecting us to grow up into sons and daughters of God. (ref. Rom 8:19)

I have noticed that God rarely does things the same way twice in a person's life.  He might heal you one way this time,  but that does not mean that he is going to do it the same way all the time.  There are times when you get healed with no effort and times when you really have to stand on the word of God and resist the devil.  Then he flees.

So my thought for the day is learn to walk by faith and not by your feelings, or symptoms.  Exalt the word of God in your life.  God has exalted his word and his name above all things and if He can, then so can we. (ref. Psalm 138:2)

Also, start with that pesky cold that keeps trying to attack you.  Resist it with the word of God and keep practicing till you get the victory.  It is much better to strengthen your faith muscles against a pesky cold than something life threatening like cancer.

Here are some good confessions to get you started.  Ask the Lord and he will give you more that apply to your situation.

Thank You Lord, that by your stripes I am healed. (Is. 53:3-5)
Thank You Lord that Your word has the final say over my life.  Thank You Lord that I exalt your word in every situation. (Psalm 138:2)
Thank You Lord that Your word is greater and stronger than the  medical professional's words over me. (Psalm 138:2)
Thank You Lord that you do not change. (Mal 3:6)
Thank You Lord that you are not a man that you should lie (Num. 23:19)
Thank You Lord that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. (Rom 8:17)
Thank You Lord that I have been given fullness in Christ, (Holy Spirit) who is the head over every power and authority (Col. 2:9-10)
Thank You Lord that freely I have received, so freely I give (healing, deliverance, hope, encouragement) (Matt. 10:8)
Thank You Lord that I resist the devil with my spoken words and he has to flee. (ref. James 4:7)
Thank You Lord that there is no demon, no spell, no curse that is stronger than the word of God and the blood of Jesus. (ref. Col. 2: 15)
Thank You Lord that I am a son/daughter of God. (Rom 8:19)
Thank You Lord that the work you have begun in me you will complete. (Phil. 1:6)
Thank You Lord that healing flows through my hands and words because Holy Spirit is in me. (Col 1:27)

I Bless you as you go today.  Have fun renewing your mind! (Rom 12:1-2)
Big hugs,
Brenda Gale Thompson

No comments: