Monday, January 10, 2011

Finding Time


My theme today is finding time for the Lord.  I don't know where all the time went.  I'm still getting used to my new job and trying to fit everything in.

That's the deal when you work part time I find.  You aren't working full time so you still try to fit in all the pursuits you would normally do if you were home full time.  I am realizing that it doesn't work that way.

So,  I am not going to do any hobbies this evening because I haven't spent anytime seeking the Lord.  First things first.  Nothing earth shattering is going to happen if I play around with some paint or do some extra baking or knitting, but God promises to work on our concerns and dreams while we wait on Him. Isaiah 64:4-5  states,

"4 Since ancient times no one has heard,
   no ear has perceived,
no eye has seen any God besides you,
   who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.
5 You come to the help of those who gladly do right,
   who remember your ways. (italics mine)

Holy Spirit has been encouraging me to not give up. He's saying that it doesn't matter that I've been waiting 20+ years for a promise to come to pass.

As a confirmation, this song from the Lord keeps coming back to my remembrance.  It goes like this:

"Hang on my dear, hang on my love, I'm coming real soon now.
Hang on my dear, keep praising me,  'cause I'm coming real soon now."

On that note, I am going to find a quiet spot in the house and spend some time asking the Lord what song I can sing to Him and see where He leads me. It's an adventure every time.

If you want more of Him then agree with me that "We have wisdom to know what to lay down, what to give away and what to pursue in our lives. Amen!"
 
"The LORD is exalted, for he dwells on high;
   he will fill Zion (us) with his justice and righteousness.
 He will be the sure foundation for your times,
   a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge;
   the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure." (Is. 33:5-6, brackets mine)

I declare that you are blessed  and Highly favored by the Greatest king of all... Jesus.

No comments: