Monday, January 3, 2011

Painting!

Remember how I wanted to learn how to paint?  Well my girlfriend came over yesterday to teach Tricia how to paint and I joined in. We did some expressive art. No photo references are allowed in this type of art. You just paint what is inside of you.  I found it very hard because I am so analytical.



 This is Patricia's piece.  I couldn't figure out what she was doing until the end.  She wasn't even trying to paint anything.  She was just having fun with the paint and the brushes.  At the end I saw so much passion and movement in her art.  It really came together. I love how the painting moves from left to right and how the color overlaps and swirls together.

Tricia's piece
Tricia has never done this type of art either so she wasn't sure how to begin.  I like the use of colors around her page. There is a lot of different parts to focus on.  The wheat looks like a face from a different angle.
My piece
I love the watercolor washes and the interesting patterns you can create.  I love how they suggest things.  I didn't think the painting was done but Patricia said to leave it unless I got a revelation.  Expressive art doesn't have to make sense.  That is a tough one for me as I like my world to make sense.

I am happy we started. Patricia was surprised to see the softness come out in my painting. I didn't know it was there either. LOL.

I am looking forward to painting again some day.  A dream is made one step at a time and now I have taken another step!

Let's pray: "Lord show us how to go after our dreams. Help us to make time to hear Your voice and set aside all that is a distraction to go after our heart's desire.  I thank You that You promised to give us our heart's desire as we pursue You. Amen!"

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart (Psalm 37:4)"

No comments: