Monday, January 3, 2011

Reasonable Goals...


My goal this year is to pursue reasonable goals. Big dreams that I have broken down into baby steps that even I can attempt.  I can visualize them like a hopscotch game on the side walk and the game is ready for me to start anytime. That sounds much better than New Year's resolutions that never get kept.

I want more divine appointments this year, so I have to practice slowing down in the grocery store  etc., to see if the Lord is highlighting anyone for me to minister too.

Better yet, I am going to work on my confessions so that I start to believe His word more.  I won't make time for  God when I am not convinced there's something worthwhile in it. 

I mean seriously,  we all want more of God, so why don't we make time to get quiet and hear His voice?  Our truthful answers to this question will help us learn where we need to renew our minds.

Conversely, if I make time for Him, I will be full of Holy Spirit and His love, anointing and wisdom will flow through me. This always results in many testimonies and supernatural encounters.  Apart from Him you can do nothing (ref. John 15:5).

It's time for some soul searching.  Regarding goals-- there is no point going after something that God is not supporting because it will just become another distraction.  Heaven knows we do not need more distractions!

Let's pray: "Lord help us to ask You the hard questions about why we don't do, what we know we should do.  Help us to get real with You and show us how to renew our minds. We determine to make time for You, Lord, so that Your love and anointing will flow through us.  Thank You for giving us many testimonies. In Jesus' mighty name we ask. Amen."

No comments: