Monday, December 20, 2010

Don't Quit!

I saw this nice poem on the net so I thought I would share it.  I used to have it on a poster in my room when I was going through Engineering. It really helped me, that and having my western saddle sitting in front of my desk on a stand. I knew that I would need a good job if I wanted to have horses again. LOL.


Don’t Quit
When things go wrong,
as they sometimes will,
When the road you’re trudging
seems uphill,
When the funds are low and
the debts are high,
and you want to smile,
but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must . . . but don’t you quit.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt.
And you never can tell
how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar.
So, stick to the fight
when you’re hardest hit . . .
It’s when things go wrong
that you mustn’t quit.

There you go. Did you know that the stats say that it takes the average entrepreneur 3 bankruptcies before they hit the right combination of idea, marketing strategy and management style before they are successful? 

Never mind how many inventors  had to deal with failure after failure before they finally figured out how to make their inventions work. 

I had six miscarriages, before I finally had my daughter Cassie.  What would have happened if I had quit after the fifth miscarriage?  The doctors told me there was nothing they could do for me.  It caused me to turn to God more and then after the sixth miscarriage I learned that there was a promise in the Bible about God healing us.  (Is. 53:5, 2Pet. 2:24)

Well, the rest is history as they say and I had three more healthy babies, with all the attributes and giftings the Lord directed me to pray into them.  Plus I have prayed for countless others for healing since then.  God turned  the nightmare in my life into a huge blessing.

So, I can say 'don't quit" because God is no respecter of persons.  What He has done for me, He will do for you.  He loves you with an everlasting love, He really does.

1 comment:

Diane Maartens said...

Amen My sister! Never never never Give up! we just keep on moving, we have the strength of GOD!