Monday, December 27, 2010

Football Analogies

I was reading some of my notes from Sunday Church service last summer and I was really encouraged, so I am going to share them with you.  I think it was Pastor Mark that was teaching http://www.wcca.ca


In Football the offensive line protects the defensive line further up the field. (That's something we can all work on.  Too many Christians think it's perfectly ok to take pot shots at other Christians.)

There is no agreement with the enemy/opposing team... ever. (The devil comes only to steal, kill and destroy..." (ref. John. 10:10)).

The devil's goal is to get you all alone... where he will proceed to eat your lunch.

You Are Important!

There are many different strategies in a game of Football.  
In a similar way there are many different strategies to the Christian life.  Ask the Lord what the strategy is today. (DON'T Assume the strategy is the same as yesterday. Assume equals making an 'ass' of u and me.)

We matter. We are not losers. The devil is trying to get us on the outside alone.  Don't get caught off guard. Don't be sidelined.

We don't have to know the whole play book to be efficient.  (Now that's a good thought!)

Be obedient.  We all have little parts to play.  All of them are important.

On that note.... I am going to go pick up my daughter from work and think about all the ways I can help the Saints around me.
Have a great evening with Him!

No comments: