Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quieting Ourselves

Have you ever wondered why God doesn't yell at us much?  I have. I think it would be so much easier if He did.  I wonder if it's because He wants us to seek Him?  He wants relationship that's based on choice and not forced on us.

Most of the time He speaks very gently to us, like a friend.  If we are not paying attention we won't hear His voice above all the back ground noise in our lives.  It takes practice to quiet our minds so we can hear His gentle whispers.

I was trying to quiet my mind one evening while I was worshiping on the piano and this song came.  I thought it might encourage you to press in for more so I recorded it today.  Enjoy!

 
Thank You Lord for helping us to take our thoughts captive so we can hear Your gentle voice.
Thank You Lord for helping us to set aside time each day to hear your voice.                              
Lead us to Your throne and give us dreams and visions about Your kingdom Lord, in Jesus' name we ask. Amen!

No comments: