Saturday, December 18, 2010

God's Not Answering

There comes a time in every Christian's life when you feel that God is not answering.   Everything was going great and you could get blasted by Holy Spirit at every meeting, get healed, get touched and now it feels like nothing is going on.

I am hear to tell you not to give up.   God only allows in His wisdom what He could easily prevent by His power.  If you are not feeling His presence right now, it could be that you are moving into a new season of your life, where you walk by faith and not by sight (or sensation).  This is quite normal in the Christian life and it's a sign of growth.  You are getting rid of the diapers and moving into training pants.

You see, the only way you can personally please the Father is to walk by faith-- not sight (ref. Heb. 11:6).  So that means you thank Him for touching you, even when you don't feel it, because you are convinced by the Bible's promises that God can't lie.  If you ask Him to touch you, He is, whether you feel Him or not.

The same is true with regard to healing.  I know some people who are upset because they still have some symptom or other and they have gone to many healing meetings.  My heart goes out to them as I hear them express their frustration with God.  "They've been healed before so why doesn't He do it now?" is the usual line I hear. 

I don't have all the answers.  I can share a bit from my own experience and I hope this will help you.
As we grow up, the Father wants us to grow in faith-- and faith is a muscle.  We know that muscles that don't get used are not healthy and will eventually shrivel up.  Therefore, we need obstacles to overcome for our faith to grow.  We need to grow our faith and not rely on someone else's faith all the time.

Also, we can only give away with power the testimonies we have gained.  Head knowledge doesn't cut it in the Kingdom of God. There's no 'umph!' with it.

I didn't have a preacher or a meeting that I could go to when I needed healing, so I went to the Word of God. I read the verse, that "by His stripes I was healed" and said, "That's mine." I knew that God can't lie and if He didn't want me to have that promise,  He shouldn't have put it in His book.  I already knew that He was no respecter of persons. (ref. Is. 53:5, Heb. 6:18, Acts 10:34)

Then I rested. I quit fretting and I let God be God. I stayed thankful and kept the praise and worship playing and tried to go on with my life as best as I could.

I was healed... It took me a while to realize it because it was progressive, like so many healings, but it started the moment I claimed it as mine and rested.

Our heads get us into so much trouble.  We need to learn to take negative, doubt-filled thoughts captive and not speak them out loud.  Negative talk has undone many a good healing confession.

Faith comes when you've planted the promise of God in your heart and meditated on it a while and it  dawns on you. That's when you know you have the goods.  Then you can pray and rest with a thankful heart.

Also, don't let circumstances or stress push you into messing up your faith-filled words. Many a healing has been lost by pressure.  It's time to double up on the anointed word of God, not throw Your Bible on the shelf.

Then when you get to a healing meeting your faith will work with the ministry team person or preacher and not against them.

After you get a victory or two start giving away your victories by agreeing for healing for others when they go up for prayer.   

Okay, enough said. Let me bless you now.

I declare that you are blessed, highly favored and passionate for God and His kingdom. May you plant the word of God deep in your heart and may it always bear fruit.  May His word come back to your rememberance when you need it and may your life be full of blessing, in Jesus' name I ask. Amen!

No comments: