Friday, December 17, 2010

Help for Stress

Hi there.   I was just out with a girlfriend and I don't know what's going on, but so many people are depressed these days.  This is not right. We who have the Lord, have a lot to be thankful for.

I was encouraging her to look at the bigger picture that each job is a stepping stone. For example this current job that she has, has allowed her the money and time to get her driver's license and pay off a car.  Maybe the next job will be one that requires a car and now she is prepared for it.

I encouraged her to go home and do something new. Draw something, try a new recipe, do a new craft, something that will encourage her that she can learn new things and that change doesn't always have to be bad.

And above all, I told her,  keep doing your daily devotions and reading your  bible.  There is so much hope and encouragement in the Bible.  It's a wonderful way to keep your brain sharp.  I love how many seniors there are at the prayer group I go to and their minds are so quick.  I truly believe that there is supernatural power in the word of God to renew your youth and keep you young.

Christmas should be a time where we try to enjoy our families, whether blood or adopted.  Since Roy and I got laid off again a week apart we are trying to do things that don't cost a lot of money.  Making cookies and decorating them, playing music together, doing crafts together and even playing a board game together count for some really good memories.

I am going to post a song that the Lord gave me when I found out that I was grinding my teeth in my sleep. I didn't realize that the stress of being laid off before Christmas was bothering me until this happened.  May this song help you like it's helped me!


Not bad eh?  Amateur quality but the pictures sure are nice.  Some good confessions to speak over yourself are:

"Thank You Lord that You give me a good night's sleep because You love me." (ref. Ps. 127:2)
"Thank You Lord that I lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." (ref. Psalm 4:8)
Thank You Lord that I can rejoice always!  Thank You for showing me how. (ref. Phil 4:8).
I declare that You are Blessed and Highly Favored by the Greatest King of All!

No comments: