Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Handling Disappointment

These are crazy times when jobs are disappearing and financial stress is at an all time high.  Families and marriages are feeling the pressure and people's love is being tested severely.

About two years ago the last thing I wanted to do was spend time in my room seeking God and waiting on Him. I was so disappointed at the way things turned out. You know how it is; your prayers didn't get answered the way you were expecting them to and you are left with an ache in your heart. And since God didn't do anything about it you feel, in some way, that He was willing for this to happen.

So I was avoiding my secret place, trying to keep busy and ignore the gnawing in my heart and emotions.  This melody kept coming to me in 'tongues' and I got the interpretation. May it bless your heart and help to heal you too.


The devil knows that if he can get you offended at God, he's cut you off from your source of healing. It is only in God's presence that we are transformed from glory to glory. (2Cor. 3:18)

God has promised that He will cause all things to work together for our good, even the pain and suffering we go through.(Rom 8:37)  It is said that if the devil knew what was going to happen to Jesus at the resurrection, he would never have allowed Jesus to die.

Therefore I want to encourage you to keep singing your pain to the Lord, but like David in the Psalms, end it off with a line or two of thanksgiving.   He inhabits your praise, so that's the fastest way to get the supernatural help of God working on your stuff.

And remember, He allows in His wisdom what He could easily prevent by His power.  He is making something beautiful out of your life!

No comments: