Wednesday, December 8, 2010

We Rule and Occupy the Gates


Psalm 24
The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it,
   the world, and all who live in it;
2 for he founded it on the seas
   and established it on the waters.
 3 Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD?
   Who may stand in his holy place?
4 The one who has clean hands and a pure heart,
   who does not trust in an idol
   or swear by a false god.
 5 They will receive blessing from the LORD
   and vindication from God their Savior.
6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,
   who seek your face, God of Jacob.
 7 Lift up your heads, you gates;
   be lifted up, you ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.
8 Who is this King of glory?
   The LORD strong and mighty,
   the LORD mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, you gates;
   lift them up, you ancient doors,
   that the King of glory may come in.
10 Who is he, this King of glory?
   The LORD Almighty—
   he is the King of glory.


We, born again, spirit filled Christians are the living gates this psalm is talking about.  We choose by our words what is allowed in or out of the spiritual atmosphere around us. As we determine to use our mouths to utter His praises, the gates are open for the Angels to minister.  When we use our mouths to cut down, tear up and destroy we activate the devil's minions. The choice is ours.  I don't know about you, but I choose LIFE!

As the Bible says, "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:" (Deut. 30:19)  Also, Jesus said, " 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10) So the choice is ours.  I don't know about you, but when I learned this I started doing some heavy duty repenting for all the bad words I had spoken.  What a learning curve it is to speak words of life all the time! Thank God for grace and Holy Spirit's patient counsel. With out it we would all be sunk.

Anyhow, did you know that the Angels are happy when we start speaking words that make sense to them? They are waiting to hear God's words out of our mouths like it says in Psalm 103:20-21.  Psalm 91 and the Lord's prayer are great places to start. 

See my blog article http://greatcommissionhow2s.blogspot.com/2010/06/how-many-angels.html
for more on angels.

Here's a song the Lord gave me to sing. I usually get it when the Lord wants me to take dominion over stuff.  Enjoy!

No comments: